About Days Corporation
From a 1913 horse-and-wagon delivery service to a 21st Century multi-divisional corporation, Days Corporation is a story of continuous growth and expansion. Days provides a variety of goods, services and solutions, most of them serving the manufacturing base of Elkhart County. We are proud to celebrate over 100 years as a thriving partner to the economic engines of our region and the people who make them work.
Days Corporation marks over a hundred years as an Elkhart-based company. It is a prime example of sustained and diversified growth.
- It was founded by John Days in 1913 and began as a drayage delivery service with a horse and wagon. This developed into Days Transfer, a regional trucking company.
- Selling the assets and transportation right of Days Transfer in 1961, Days continued as Days Moving and Storage. This new incarnation offered warehousing and local delivery, machinery rigging and moving, as well as household goods moving. Growth in all of these services, including a franchise as an Allied Van Lines agency, propelled the company from the ’70s to the early ’90s.
- A name change to Days Corporation took place in 1990, along with a major expansion in warehousing and distribution with a new campus of building built along the Indiana Toll Road.
- Included in the early ’90s expansion was its beginning as a manufacturer of hydraulic lifting and leveling products for the RV, trailer, and specialty vehicle markets. This new division was named Equalizer Systems.
Since that time, it has grown into a corporation with four divisions that range from manufacturing hydraulic systems to heavy equipment moving to export packing and crating, to Distribution and Warehouse solutions. Our divisions work together to offer a vast mixture of highly supported services, products and solutions to fulfill your needs.
This long-standing division takes pride in its unique blend of skill, equipment, service and dependability. It provides storage, moving, transportation, assembly and disassembly services for industrial machines and equipment of all sizes and shapes. Days Machinery Movers has more than five decades of experience specializing in (but not limited to):
- Rigging: Machine installation, Leveling
- Equipment setting: Anchoring, Alignment, Grouting
- Millwright work (Millwright Services): Fabrication, Ironworking
- Plant reorganization and Relocation
Days Export Packing provides complete domestic and export packing services, ranging from simple skidding and shrouding to the latest available packing technology to meet demanding military and commercial specifications. Our expertise applies to everything from fragile electronic control cabinets to a complete machine line, as well as (but not limited to):
- Machines; individual or a complete machine line
- Boats, Pontoons, Motorcycles
- Travel Trailers, 5th Wheels, RVs
- Church Bells, Statues, Misc. Items
This division, a 3PL warehouse, is a supply chain partner to represent many of the products coming into the local area. We handle storage, distribution and delivery of products including food grade products, pharmaceuticals, appliances, metals, building materials and other goods. Our warehousing space and rail-served facilities include services such as local delivery, inter-modal trucking services and custom services, as well as (but not limited to):
- Cross dock services and Pool Distribution
- Container unloading, Box car and flat car unload
- Wood cutting & assembly services
- Rack and Bulk Storage
Well known in the RV industry for its quality lifting, leveling, and slide out products, Equalizer Systems was an early proactive developer of hydraulic systems. Several patented products developed by Equalizer Systems have allowed this division to become the largest within the Days family, significantly contributing to the corporation’s growth. Equalizer Systems is committed to providing our customers with a quality product, great service and solutions at an exceptional value and continuing support after the sale.